Ep.14 Rabin Das: A breakdown of some recent nutrition research
Rabin Das is a health and performance nutritionist and holds an MSc in human nutrition and metabolism. Passionate about all thing’s health and nutrition related, he hopes to bring about a culture change in the public sphere in how nutrition is communicated, always seeking to strike a balance between what matters most but also what’s possible for people to do right now.
Previously a lecturer but currently a practitioner, he understands the need to engage, entertain and educate, with rapport building being the highest priority for clients and audiences alike. He has previously provided and workshops for Fitbit, Davy, Intel, the Guinness Enterprise Centre and biopharmaceutical company, NIBRT. Currently, he operates his own consultancy helping recreational and high-performance athletes fuel correctly for their sport while also acting as performance nutrition consultant for SSE League of Ireland champions, Dundalk FC and Dublin-based GAA club, Klimacud Crokes.
In this episode we discuss the following 5 papers:
- Nutritional strategies of British professional and amateur natural bodybuilders during competition preparation
- Persistent low body weight in humans is associated with higher mitochondrial activity in white adipose tissue.
- Effects of White Potatoes Consumed With Eggs on Satiety, Food Intake, and Glycemic Response in Children and Adolescents
- Effects of a low carbohydrate diet on energy expenditure during weight loss maintenance: randomized trial
- Do low-carbohydrate diets increase energy expenditure?